Though we were once slaves to sin, we are now freed and adopted sons and daughters, heirs to the promise, through Jesus.
- John 8:34-36 – If the Son sets you free you are free indeed.
- Colossians 2:8 – see that no one takes you captive.
- 1 John 5:19 – We know that we are from God
- Genesis 3:5 – you will be like gods, knowing good and evil
- 1 Corinthians 10:20 – I do not want you to be participants with demons.
- Luke 15:18-19 – “treat me as one of your hired servants”
- Luke 15:21-23 – The father said to his servants, Bring quickly the best robe… and the fatted calf.
In a world living for its own glory, Paul is imploring us to live for Jesus.